Skip Navigation

Get Child Care Subsidy in Edmonton

The Ministry of Human Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower-income families that use:

  • Licensed daycare centres

  • Licensed group family child care

  • Approved family day homes

  • Licensed out-of-school care centres

  • Licensed pre-schools

  • Approved early childhood development programs

You can apply for a subsidy if:

  • You and your spouse/partner or the child receiving care are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.

  • You or your spouse/partner are an Alberta resident.

  • You and your spouse/partner: are currently working, attending school, looking for work, have special needs, or your child has a special need.

  • Your children are 12 years of age or younger and are not yet attending Grade 7.

  • Your children have a secured spot in a licensed daycare or out of school care facility, or an approved family day home or group family child care program.

  • Your total family income is less than $75,000 per year.

  • Income eligibility is determined by combining you and your spouse/partner's income tax information from your most recent Notice of Assessment, issued by the Canada Revenue Agency.

  • Income is based on Line 15000 (gross income) subtracted by any amounts that are reported on Line 32000 (education-related tax deductions), as well as Lines 33099 and 33199 (medical related tax deductions).

  • In the event of a recent loss of income, or if you and your spouse/partner were not required to file a Canadian tax return, you can request to be evaluated on current income/deduction estimates using the contact information below.

Inquiry Form

question icon

Have a Question?

Contact Us
diary icon

Use Our Resources



ABC Child Development Centre Day Care & Out of School Care

8B 11411 40 Ave NW

Edmonton, Alberta T6J 0R5


Phone: 780-434-9261


Operating Hours

Monday – Friday: 06:30 AM – 6:00 PM

Service Area



Send to a friend

Send the url of this page to a friend of yours